Terms and Conditions
Rua dos Navegantes nº72 1º
Telephone: 00351 21 464 74 30
Fax: 00351 21 464 74 39
CEO: Michael Bendixen
Travel Agency Licence: 1070/2001
Registered 12474 CRC Cascais
Tax Number: 504 850 369
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
"All content on our site, including specific hotel information, graphic design and all other relevant information and content, is the property of Secretplaces.com and protected by international copyright law. It may only be used on a personal basis for non-commercial purposes and its reproduction, distribution, copy or any other use for commercial purposes is expressly forbidden.
PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
Use of this website is conditional on your acceptance that all information contained in it and all matters that may arise between you and us shall be governed by Portuguese law. Any disagreements that may arise between you and us shall be dealt with by the competent Courts of Portugal to the exclusion of the Courts of any other country.
CHANGES AT SHORT NOTICE
There may be occasions when it is necessary for hotels to withdraw certain services and facilities or change prices at short notice. We do not make any representations or warranties to such changes but if these have been notified to us prior to your departure, we shall endeavour to pass this information on to you as soon as feasibly possible.
BOOKING AND PURCHASE CONDITIONS
The applicable booking and purchase conditions are those that appear on the relevant "observations".
Should a reservation be cancelled or amended after it has already been confirmed, any associated cancellation and amendment charges shall be payable in accordance with the individual policy of the hotel. Any such cancellation must be advised to Secretplaces, sent to the general e-mail at email@example.com and shall only be considered valid and regularised after it has been confirmed in writing to the traveller by Secretplaces.
We at Secretplaces are totally committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe. We recognize the need for appropriate protection and management of any personal data that you may provide us and make the following assurances:
Your personal data:
- Secretplaces limits the collection and use of your details strictly within the confines of what is required to confirm your reservations and provide an efficient and personalized service. When you make a request or place an order to book a hotel, we collect your name, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information. Our site records your IP address at the time of booking, and we collect data for fraud prevention.
- Secretplaces also strives to comply with all applicable laws that are designed to protect your privacy and integrity.
Use of your personal information:
- Your personal data is only used to ensure reservations can be made in your name at the accommodation you have selected.
- Your personal data is used to send any booking confirmation, availability replies or modifications to your booking
- Your personal data is used in case of the need to contact you due to changes with your booking
- Your personal data may be used to inform you if you have won any competition or special prize
- Your personal data may be used to help detect fraud or loss
- Your personal data will only be stored to guarantee your reservation and will be deleted as soon as any time limits for eventual litigations or problems with your reservation with third parties have expired.
Disclosure of information
- Any information you give us - name, e-mail address, credit card number, expiry date or telephone number - is never, under any circumstances, shared out to third parties besides the accommodation you have booked.
Protection of information
- Secretplaces has put strict security procedures such as encryption in place to ensure that personally identifiable information about you remains secure and private. Your personal data is stored in secure servers in the Amazon cloud.
Access of information
- You have constant access to your personal data through your user account under: https://www.secretplaces.com/login
- You can update and correct any data except details necessary to guarantee your reservation at the chosen accommodation. These details will be updated or corrected upon request by Secretplaces. Any data or account can be deleted upon request unless necessary to guarantee your reservation at the chosen accommodation.
If you wish, you can disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
- The Secretplaces website may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided help you gather necessary information. Secretplaces is not responsible for the security practices and data protection of these websites.
Although we try to insure the content of our site is factually accurate, information, products and services contained in our site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information contained herein and we and our respective suppliers may make changes and/or improvements to our site at any time.
ROOM PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
Secretplaces always look to ensure that the information provided by the hotels in reply to availability requests on prices, dates, extra beds and number of people is accurate. However, this information is ultimately provided by the hotels themselves and Secretplaces cannot be held responsible for any erroneous information provided therein.
Prices displayed on hotel rates pages, and special offers displayed throughout the site, are intended as a best possible guide, but do not constitute a firm offer or a guarantee of rates for any particular stay. Likewise any rates shown during the initial enquiry process (i.e. before a hotel / supplier has replied with a quote for a specific stay) are intended as a best possible guide, but do not constitute a firm offer or a guarantee of rates.
Please note: Secretplaces hold no responsibility for any damage occurred during your stay at one of our self-catered accommodations. We have a number of self-catering properties which require a security deposit in the case of damage/loss of items. The owners of our self-catered properties reserve the right to charge a security deposit prior to the guest’s arrival and Secretplaces are not responsible for any damage caused during your stay. It is therefore it the responsibility of the client to pay/forfeit any security/damage deposits or costs if required to do so.
Parents are responsible for taking care and supervising their children at all time.
City tax does vary from city to city and whilst we strive to have this information always updated for all our listings, this is not always possible as they can change slightly from year to year or local government policy changes. Secretplaces takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions regarding city tax values.
Secretplaces does its upmost to guarantee accuracy with regards to the use of maps and hotel addresses. Please note: the maps on the www.secretplaces.com website serve as guidance only and not necessarily an exact pinpoint location. We take no responsibility for any geographical or factual errors.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
Secretplaces contains a number of links to external websites which our users may find of interest. However, we do not control these websites and cannot be held responsible for their content including, but not limited to, rates displayed, descriptions, hotel facilities and reservation system information, nor are we able to certify that they will not change without our permission. The user shall accept full responsibility on entering these websites.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to make changes to our site and the according Terms & Conditions at any time.