If you want to visit central Lisbon and stay in a lovely apartment rather than a hotel (for example, if you have a family) then the Baixa House, a group of apartments located in the heart of Lisbon’s historical Baixa quarter (Downtown), could be the perfect place for you. It is just a 5 min. walk away from some of Lisbon's finest landmarks, including the Praça do Comercio, Figueira and Rossio, 10 minutes from the Chiado, right on the route of the electric tram No. 28.
Now, a little bit of info on the Baixa House: It's an old building, having been built immediately after Lisbon's 1755 earthquake, but a complete refurbishing process has given it a modern sleek feel to it. It also has a homely atmosphere with a delicate interior design which includes numerous Portuguese handicrafts. Each apartment is named after a Lisbon garden which inspires its design. Baixa House provides a new and singular type of accommodation: serviced apartments including daily cleaning, breakfast and permanent support to satisfy any further need of the travellers.
The apartments can be rented per day, since they are cleaned on a daily basis and fresh products for breakfast are also replaced every day. During long stays bed linen and bath towels are replaced once a week. They all come with fully equipped kitchen. See rooms for further details.
- Minimum stay is for 3 nights. Daily rate decreases for longer stays.
- A breakages deposit is payable on check-in equivalent to the price of 1 night. This is fully refundable if nothing has been broken.
- The Baixa House provides the raw materials for having breakfast in the apartments. These are delivered every day while cleaning of the apartment is done, and includes fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, butter & jams, coffee, tea, milk, cocoa, sugar, and some pastries. A bag with fresh bread will be delivered at your door every morning at 08h00. If you have any requests, preferences or allergies then you can let the Baixa House know at booking and it will try to accommodate your request.
- Every day from noon to 16:00 the Baixa House cleans the apartments (this service doesn’t include linen or towel changes). If you need additional cleaning services please inform at the time of booking. Extra cleaning services will be charged apart from the booking rate, and its price will vary depending on the apartment and number of guests.
- Holiday Homes & Villas
- Animals welcome
- Central heating
- Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard) accepted
- Internet WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Internet WiFi
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Room service
- Satellite TV
- Water Sports
- Wine Tasting